top of page
  • I have a medical emergency
    - Always call 999 in a medical emergency – if someone is seriously ill or injured or their life is at risk. - You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. - If you do not need emergency hospital care but need to see a doctor or nurse today just go to our online patient access page to see your available options.
  • I think I need a Physiotherapist.
    FCPs First Contact Physiotherapists (FCPs) in Primary Care is to assess Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions. They provide advice and exercise programs, and decide on the most appropriate management pathway, which may include investigations, onward referral for physiotherapy treatment or orthopaedic appointments. You can find more information by clicking here Critiria to contact them instead of your local GP: 1). Do you have a problem that affects your neck, back , bones, joints or muscles? NO - Book an appointment with GP YES - Book an appointment with FCP 2). Are you already under the care of your GP for this problem? NO - Book an appointment with FCP YES - Book an appointment with GP 3). Are you feeling unwell at the moment? NO - Book an appointment with FCP YES - Book an appointment with GP 4). Would you be happy to see a FCP rather than your Doctor? NO - Book an appointment with GP YES - Book an appointment with FC What if i am pregnant? A women only physiotherapy group session for pregnant women who want to prevent common aches and pains experienced in pregnancy. Also provides guidance on how to exercise safely in pregnancy. Link here Where: Chapel Allerton Hospital For further information and to book on please call 0113 2065524 (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm)
  • I feel ill, who do I need to contact first?"
    Pharmacy first If you have one of the below conditions. Patients MUST: A.Be able to attend in person B.Have one of the minor ailments such as atheletes foot, belching, backache, coughs, blocked nose, cysts, aches and pain colds, dizziness, constipation, hay fever, sore throat, sprain or strain, teething, warts, thrush, fever, earache, vomminting, rashes, itching, threadworm, headlice, discomfort in abdomen area. These can normally be resolved by non subsribed medication and the condictions are usually fade away in a shot notice. (Some exemptions depeding on the long medical conditons apply). First contact Physiotheraptist (FCP) In case you have long term aches or pains for various resasons, we suggest to check our FAQ information 'i need physiotherapist'' above. Need help fast? Call 111 first! They will redirect you to either an A&E or simply provide you with the information / reassurance you need. My GP first For illnesses that wont go away. Your health matters to us, we are not here just to quick resolve your medical condition, we are making sure you can have what you need for healthier life. There are number of options and services avalable. Please refer to 'our services' section of this website. If you dont know what are you looking for, you can still contact us, we are here to help.
  • I need medical advice
    You can alway use our e-consult banner to find what you need there. If you think the information is not sufficient for your needs then you can just contact us via online access or simply give us a call!
  • I need to see a dentist
    NHS 24hr Emergency Dentist – telephone 111 (free from landlines and mobiles). Note you might have to travel up to 50 miles for emergency treatment Registering with an NHS dentist You can find local NHS dental practices that are accepting new patients on the NHS Choices website by clicking here or alternatively you can call NHS 111 and speak to an advisor. Due to recent events ,dental practices will look different as we implement social distancing and hygiene rules. The range of treatments you will be offered may be different to what you have received previously.Treatments offered may vary from practice to practice.This will depend on the staff and equipment available at the time and to ensure your safety and that of the dental team
  • I need to find a local pharmacy
    - You can find a pharmacy using the pharmacy locator by clicking here - You check all the avialable pharmacies in Leeds on the link here:
  • I need a sexual health clinic
    CASH Clinics/Services Leeds Sexual Health Service supports the following: -Check up's -Contraception/ family planning -Emergency contraception -STI screening and treatment -Pregnancy -HIV Testing -Appointment/ drop in for sex workers - Please refer to website by clicking here for more information Sexual Assault There is a confidential answer phone which you can use to leave messages outside working hours. Call 999 for emergency assistance from the Police Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - 01924 298954 (Helpline) Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm Sex 'Under the influence' If you're concerned that drugs or alcohol are causing you to have risky sex or sex you're unhappy with, contact Forward Leeds (Drug & Alcohol service) by clicking here. Forward Leeds are a good resource if you are worried about yourself or someone else. You can also call 0113 887 2477 to speak to someone confidentially.
  • I need mental and emotional support (for adults)
    Leeds Crisis Assessment Service (CAS) It offers assessment to people 18 years and over who are experiencing acute mental health problems that may pose a risk to themselves and/or others, who require an assessment that day or within the next 72 hours. Telephone : 0300 300 1485. Leeds CAS is a 24 hour assessment service Leeds Mental wellbeing Service They can offer help for the following: •Depression •Anxiety & Stress •Panic Disorder •Simple Phobia •Health Anxiety •Post Traumatic Stress Disorder •Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (including. trichotillomania & skin picking) •Bulimia (mild) •Binge Eating Disorder •Generalised Anxiety Disorder •Social Phobia •Body Dysmorphic Disorder Telephone number is: 0113 843 4388, you can also find more information clicking here Andy's Man Club Peer support group for men, it's okay to talk. Meet: Every Mon at 7pm (except bank holidays) Find all the information you need here. Mindwell Mental Health Information for everyone in Leeds, the website includes self help techniques and links to services (click here for more information). 24 hour mental health helpline Anyone aged 18 or over registered with a Leeds GP can call the helpline for support on 0800 183 0558. Anyone who calls who is under 18 will be signposted to relevant services.
  • I need mental and emotional support (children)
    ChildLine free If you are 19 or under, you can contact ChildLine about anything.No problem is too big or too small. Speak to a counsellor straight away Telephone (free): 0800 1111 Mindmate If you're a young person, MindMate can help you understand the way you're feeling and find the right advice and support. It also has resources for parents or carers of young people. Contant them by clicking here. Teen Connect Provide out-of-hours support to people in acute mental health crisis with the aim of reducing hospital admissions, A&E visits, and use of statutory crisis services. They offer emotional support for 13-18 year olds in Leeds. They can also offer BSL support for Deaf people. Click here for more. Email: . Call: 0808 800 1212 Kooth Your online mental wellbeing community where you can get free, safe and anonymous, support providing an app with magazines, discussion boards, daily journals, chats with the team! Click here for out more!
  • I need bereavement support
    Cruse Bereavement Support Promote the well-being of bereaved people to enable them to understand their grief and cope with their loss. They provide support, and offers information, advice, education and training services. For information click here Telephone number: 0113 234 4150 / National Telephone number: 0808 808 1677 Leeds Bereavement forum Find our more here Leeds Suicide Bereavement Service Offers one-to-one, group, family support and councelling. Call: 0113 3055803 - Web link here.
  • I need support with my alcohol / drug addicton.
    Forward Leeds Forward Leeds is the new alcohol and drug service in Leeds for adults, young people and families. Open 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, late appointments are available, please contact them for more details by clickining here. This service supports the following: -Early intervention & prevention -Young peoples service -Support for families -Long term support -Detox -Local GP support -Harm reduction and needle exchange -Sustained recovery - your aftercare -House support
  • Where do I find domestic violence / sexual assault support?
    Are you worried about a vulnerable person? If you have any concerns about a child or adult who might be at risk of harm it's important you alert someone. If someone is in imminent danger then you should call the police on 999. - For help and advice contact the police on 101 - If you are deaf or speech impaired use textphone 07786 200200 West Yorkshire Police has specialist officers in Safeguarding Units across the county, who will deal with all reports of sexual offences seriously and sensitively, putting the wishes of the victim first: Leeds Safeguarding Unit – 0113 3859590 West Yorkshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre – 0330 2233617 Crimestoppers – 0800 555 111 Domestic Violence Domestic violence and abuse is a serious problem, it is not the victims fault. Domestic violence and abuse includes, physical, emotional, sexual and financial abuse. Leeds Domestic Violence have a 24 hours helpline available: Telephone: 0113 246 0401 Web link here SARVL Support After Rape & Violence Leeds. Provide confidential emotional support for women and girls affected by sexual violence of any kind. Want to know more? Click here. Alternatively Call: 08008023344 /
  • I need a non-medical related support.
    Advonet Delivers a variety of independent adocacy services. Advocacy means getting support from another person to help you express your views and wishes, and to help make sure your voice is heard. Someone who helps you in this way is called your advocate. Call: 0113 244 0606 Web link: Citizen's Advice Citizen's Advice provides free, confidential and independent advice to help people overcome their problems. They can help you with everything from money issues to problems at work, housing to consumer rights. Call: 0113 223 4400 Web link: Money Information centre Leeds The Leeds Money Information Centre can help you if you're worried about money, in debt, struggling to pay bills or thinking of taking out a loan. Web link: Money Buddies Problems with money or need support dealing with debt, visit Money Buddies for free, confidential, impartial advice. Call: 0113 235 0276 Web link: Money Advice Service The money advice service, is an independent service set up by the government, helps people manage their money. Call: 0800 138 7777 Web link: Food Banks The Trussell Trust- support a nationwide network of food banks and together we provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaign for change to end the need for food banks in the UK. Use the below Web link to find the nearest foodbank using postcode GAMCARE Speak to an advisor on the National Gambling Helpline Call: 08088020133 (freephone) Open: 7 days a week, 8am -midnight Web link: Shelter Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice, support and legal services. Call: 0808 800 4444 Web link: Leeds City Council- Housing Options Free, confidential and impartial advice and support on a range of welfare benefits. Advice service for people who are homeless, or simply want advice about housing options Call: 0113 222 4412 or 07891273939 *out of hours 5pm-8pm emergencies only Welfare rights - Leeds City Council Free, confidential and impartial advice and support on a range of welfare benefits. Call: 0113 3760452 Web link: Linking Leeds Their aim is to connect people to services and activities in their community in order to benefit overall health and wellbeing. They believe that everyone can live a fulfilled life, however, sometimes people need help to achieve this. Feeling linked to your community has lots of health and wellbeing benefits that support resilience, independence and good physical and mental health. Their Wellbeing Coordinators are based within GP practices providing one-to-one support over the phone and face to face. Community outreach from GP surgeries and other community locations is undertaken as appropriate. Web Link: search_location=&search_category=
  • I need support with improving my lifestyle/ healthy living.
    Making Every Contact Count (MECC) This is an approach to behaviour change that supports the opportunistic delivery of consistent and concise healthy lifestyle information and enables individuals to engage in conversations about their health at scale across organisations and populations. MECC Link - Simple Signposting to Better Health and Wellbeing includes info and local support, simply click here to find out. One You Leeds This is a national campaign that provides a range of healthy living information on how individuals can improve their health. Such as; smoking cessation, weight management, exercise advice & healthy eating. By making simple changes to their lifestyle patients can improve their health and reduce the risk of needing to see a health care professional, a quiz (click here) has been designed which helps patients find out what changes they could make. For more information visit their website by clicking here. Linking Leeds Connects patients to relevant services in their area which can benefit their overall health and wellbeing. The service is aimed at anyone who may need support or may benefit from having more of a connection with their local community This could include those who: -Feel low, anxious or depressed -Feel lonely or isolated -Would like to feel more healthy -Would like to know what activities and groups are available -Want to benefit their overall health and wellbeing Click here for more information
  • I am worried about a vulnerable person.
    If you have any concerns about a child or adult who might be at risk of harm it's important you alert someone. If someone is in imminent danger then you should call the police on 999. If you're concerned that someone is being exploited or abused you can contact the city's safeguarding boards using the contact details provided below: For Adults Age Leeds Offering a range of social care, health and wellbeing services, and digital inclusion projects (helping people to get online/use new technology) for older people across Leeds Call: 0113 389 3000 or National helpline on: 0800 678 1174. Weblink here Adult Social Care Care and support services, also known as social care services, help people who are in need of practical support due to illness, disability, old age, or a low income Telephone: Mon-Fri 8.30- 5pm . Tel: 0113 2224401 Out of Office Hours- Emergency Duty Team: 07712106378 Leeds Safeguarding Adults Board Contact Leeds Safeguarding Adults board for concerns about a person who is over 18 years of age and you feel they are being abused or at risk of abuse from another person, you can seek help from them by clicking here: Telephone: 0113 222 4401 Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm Out of hours: 07712 106 378 For children Leeds Children's Social Work Services-Duty & Advice Team Duty and Advice Team on: 0113 3760336 between 8.30am-5pm Mon-Thurs or 8.30am-4.30pm Fri. Outside normal office hours, please phone the out of hours Emergency Duty Team on: 0113 5350600 5pm-8.30am Mon –Thurs or Fri 4.30pm –Mon 8.30am. Leeds Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) Contact (LSCP) for concerns about a child's welfare by clicking here: Address: Merrion House 110 Merrion Street Leeds LS2 8BB Tel: 0113 3786018 Email: Indentify and help a vunerable person is everyone's resposibility.
  • When do I need any vaccinations?
    Please refer to NHS wesite by clicking here
  • What happens to my blood and urine samples I provide?
    To find out where this information came from, please click here
  • Far too many online options of contacting the Practice, what is the prefered method?"
    Patch is an online way of the patient contact the Practice avoiding the reception / front desk call and redirected to either Nurse, Pharmacist, GP or Admin depending the enquiry. The Pratice's staff then reply to the patient via AccuRx sending a message or requesting a video consultation for additional information. The NHS app is the same access with patient online access we had previously but in a smartphone version. LIVI is an independent service substituting the Practice services during out of hours / weekends / during the day with video consultations and same services as the Practice. Please note that this service will stop from April 2023 None of these services are in conflict with each other.
  • I want to learn more about my health
    Information is power that leads to wellbeing. You can visit our e-consult portal or the NHS library to find out everything you need to know about any health conditon. Tired of reading something you can not fully understand? Why dont you try the Health and care video libary for more in depth explanations by clikcing here
  • Why bowel cancer screening is so important?
    Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cause of cancer in the UK. Screening aims to detect bowel cancer at an early stage, in people with no symptoms and when treatment is more likely to be effective. Most people diagnosed with bowel cancer are over 60 years old. Screening can help detect bowel cancer and it can also be used to help check for and remove small growths in the bowel called polyps, which can turn into cancer over time. Please visit the NHS bowel screening web page by clicking hereto learn more about bowel cancer and the types of screening test. You can also call the programme hub on freephone 0800 7076060
  • Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine. What do i need to know?
    Please visit

Frequently Asked Questions.

bottom of page